Toto Santiko Budi is a freelance Photographer base in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Born in Surabaya December 20, 1974.
Year 1999 Graduated from Faculty of Agriculture Brawijaya University, Malang.
His passion is in documentary, photojournalism, environment portrait, and travel photography.
- Year 2006, Photojournalism workshop held by World Press Photo Foundation and PannaFoto Institute at Jakarta.
- Year 2016, Photobook workshop with Markus Schaden from PhotoBook Museum held by Goethe-Institut Indonesien and PannaFoto Institute at Jakarta.
- Year 2017, Photo Editing workshop with Rebecca Simons held by PannaFoto Institute at Jakarta.
- Year 2000, Starting his career as a staff photographer at Harian Radar Surabaya, group of Jawa Pos News Paper in Surabaya.
- Year 2003-2005, work as staff photographer at Mossaik, Cultural and Social Issues Magazine in Surabaya.
- Year 2005-2007, join Jiwa Foto Agency, Jakarta.
- Year 2007-Future, become freelance photographer.
His works in editorial published widely in local and international media like Koran Tempo, Jakarta Globe, The Weekender, Kabar, Rolling Stone Indonesia, Chic, Playboy Indonesia, Snap!, Voice+, DestinAsian, Bali&Beyond, Burung Indonesia, Garuda in Flight Magazine, Lionmag Lion Air Inflight Magazine, Batik Air in Flight Magazine, Mandala in Flight Magazine, National Geographic Indonesia, National Geographic Traveler Indonesia, Travelounge, Pesona Nusantara, Forbes Indonesia, BBC Indonesia, Strategic Review, Bloomberg News, Stern, The Australian and Time Asia.
His non editorial works (assignment project or stock photo usage) also used by various clients like foreign embassy, corporate, organization and NGO project like Spain Embassy, Instituto Cervantes Yakarta, Queensland Institute of Technology, Nestle, Indosat, Jakarta Foreign Correspondents Club (JFCC), Democratic Reform Support Program (DRSP), The Nature Conservancy (TNC), TIFA Foundation, British Council Jakarta, Chevron Geothermal Indonesia, Natixis, TEDxJaksel, UNFPA Indonesia, Google Indonesia, Greenpeace (Indonesia-South East Asia), ANN INC-BSR For HERProject, and MAMPU-Cowater Project.
- Year 2006, “Perempuan Tanpa Vagina” photo essay of Merlyn Sopjan, shemale, a writer and activist, solo exhibition, Jakarta.
- Year 2007, His photo essay “Jakarta Flood” selected for slide show at Angkor Photo Festival 2007, Siem Reap Cambodia.
- Year 2010, “Alternative” a photo exhibition with his colleague Roy Rubianto, Jakarta.
- Year 2007: “57 Seconds”, Eartquake in Jogjakarta and Merapi Eruption. Collaborative with several Indonesia’s photojournalist. Publisher: Galeri Foto Jurnalistik Antara.
- Year 2012: “The Magic of Erau”, collaborative with Lionmag’s Photographers. Publisher: Pemerintah Daerah Kabupaten Kutai Kertanegara.
- Year 2013: “Museum Tematik di Indonesia”, collaborative with several Indonesia’s photojournalist. Publisher: Direktorat Pelestraian Cagar Budaya dan Permuseuman Direktorat Jenderal Kebudayaan Kementerian Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan.
- Year 2015: “Pariwisata Alam 51 Taman Nasional Indonesia”, collaborative with several Indonesia’s photographers. Publisher: Direktorat Pemanfaatan Jasa Lingkungan Hutan Konservasi Kementrian Lingkungan Hidup dan Kehutanan.
- Salonfoto Indonesia (1999 gold medal, 2001 honorable mention, 2004 bronze medal).
- Reformation Photo Award-Suara Indonesia Daily (1999, first prize).
- Majalah Tamasya (2006, first prize).
- Erau Festival Photo Award 2012, second prize category journalist.